You are here
Safety and Compliance Coordinator
- Successful packaging company which views its strength in its diversity
- Exciting opportunity for the right indivudual
About Our Client
Our client is a global packaging company dedicated to the highest standards. Working with an enviable client list of the worlds leading FMCG companies, a unique and rare opportunity has presented itself for a Safety & Compliance Coordinator to join their team in Sydney.
Reporting into the National Safety Manager, the main objective of this role is to manage all safety and compliance activities on site including managing of site business systems with a focus on safety/food safety.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Manage audit activities for the site including external, food safety and environmental audits.
- Report on site safety performance daily to all relevant stakeholders within the organisation.
- Conduct Risk Assessments, identify and manage arising hazards and recommend and drive preventative and corrective measures to ensure the site operates in a safe manner.
- Promote a 'Zero Harm' culture within the organisation.
- Continuous improvement of systems in relation to quality and food safety.
- Maintain ISO22000, ISO9001, and BRC certification.
- Work with all areas of the organisation to deliver business objectives.
- Maintain all site documentation, making necessary changes when applicable to keep documentation current.
- Investigate workplace incidents, including accidents and injuries, and implement corrective action.
- Coordinate injury management, rehabilitation and return to work schemes.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in a related field
- Relevant experience from Packaging or Manufacturing (FMCG)
- Strong experience with managing return to work process
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001; AS4801; ISO14001; ISO22000; HACCP; BRC and application/ implementation
- Excellent communication, report writing and IT skills
- First Aid Certificate
- Internal Audit qualifications
What's on Offer
A fantastic opportunity to work for a well known organisation in managing all safety and compliance activities on site.