You are here
Senior Accountant - Top 10 Australian Retailer
- Excellent inner city location
- Chance to manage and develop a high performing team
About Our Client
Our client is a top 10 Australian Retailer known for their consistently high quality, innovative product list. With a turn over in excess of $800m and a top 100 ASX listing and over 800 employees across the APAC region they are a true employer of choice. Currently located in the CBD but soon to be re-locating to new premises on Melbourne's vibrant Southbank in Q4 of 2016 this is a genuinely exciting time to join a rapidly developing business.
Reporting into the Financial Controller your role as a Senior Financial Accountant will be varied, challenging and rewarding in equal measure . Your core duties will include but not be limited to:
- Managing and developing junior members of staff
- Driving the completion of Month End Reporting
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations preparation and follow up
- ASX Statutory Reporting and ad-hoc financial support and requests.
- Year-end financial accounting and statement preparation
- Preparation of the monthly pack for presentation to the board
- Providing value added commentary of the financial performance of the business in monthly reports
- Acting as the key point of contact with the external auditors
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role you will have a strong track record working in a fast paced environment in industry or with FMCG/ manufacturing clients from a Big 4/Mid-Tier accounting firm, and be experienced managing and developing junior staff members. CA/CPA qualified you will have strong hands on experience with month end reporting, excellent writing skills and ideally exposure to a broad range of stakeholders.
What's on Offer
- Superb Inner Melbourne Location
- Competitive salary packaging
- ASX listed business