You are here
- International business offering excellent career progression.
- Multiple business units to consolidate.
About Our Client
My client is an international business based in the CBD area of Perth and has a number of different business units across the resources and utilities sector.
They have a fantastic culture that promotes from within and they focus on training and development of their staff continuously.
The role is to look after the corporate finance team in the Australian head office and be aspiring to take on the Financial Controller role in a few years to allow them to also move up within the business. The main duties are:
- Commercial and strategic support for multiple business units
- Consolidation of the group accounts and monthly reporting deadlines
- Production of financial statements and coordinating the external audit
- Production of board reports and management reporting
- Preparation of taxation, FBT and GST returns
- Budgeting and forecasting for multiple business units, supporting the stakeholders
- Variance analysis and ability to identify business trends is vital in this role
- Excellent excel ability required in this role
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be ideally CA/CPA qualified, will have a strong technical accounting background but have a passion for business improvements and analysis and enjoy working closely with stakeholders both internally and externally to drive strategy.
You will be liaising with sales, HR, finance, operational staff and external clients as well your international counterparts so excellent adaptability and communication are essential.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate has a real career opportunity in this role to go from Senior Accountant to Financial Controller in a few years as long as successful in the role. The salary is flexible but the client wants a candidate looking to progress rather than having held the role before as the role will advance over the next few years.