You are here
Senior BI/DW Analyst Programmer - 6 month contract
- Brisbane CBD
- Competitive hourly rate
About Our Client
This large Government organisation, which has enjoyed rapid growth in its BI project pipeline over the last 12 months, is looking to expand their capabilities across a variety of exciting projects. Based in Brisbane's CBD, this organisation is at the forefront of their field of expertise and you will enjoy exposure to the latest and greatest technologies in MS SQL Server and MS BI stack.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Full life cycle solution delivery, from conception, prototyping all the way through to go live and making arrangements for ongoing support.
- Design and develop ETL, data transformation and data management processes using SSIS
- Design and develop SSAS cubes
- Design and develop SSRS reports on both data-warehouse and cubes
- Design and develop Enterprise Information Management models using MDS, DQS and SSIS
- Data modelling using Kimball data modelling principles
- Design and build application to application integration and data migration solutions
- Work with the business to gather and analyse business and technical requirements
- Technical and support documentation (including technical specification, support manual, change management, release management).
The Successful Applicant
Key skills required include:
- 5+ years experience of working in the Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) space
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft SQL Server SSIS, SSAS, MDX and SSRS
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL query
- SQL 2012 and SQL 2014
- Demonstrated experience in MS Visual Studio for the creation of SSIS packages, SSAS cubes and SSRS reports
- Power BI, MDS and DQS
- Kimball dimensional modelling
- Data analysis, data modelling, data integration, data warehousing and database design.
- Demonstrated ability to write technical specifications to be used for the building of data warehouse and business intelligence applications using Microsoft SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MDS, DQS, Power BI.
- MS Self-Service BI toolsets including Excel using PowerPivot, PowerView
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- IBM Business Intelligence (BI), IBM Infosphere DataStage or IBM Cognos - Framework manager model, Transformer cube build, Report Studio and Powerplay studio.
What's on Offer
- Latest technologies
- Attractive rate
- Option to extend contract highly likely - long term
- Start early October
- Close-knit technical team and environment serving a large organisation.