You are here
Senior Collections & Recoveries Manager
- Manage your own team as well as a team of contractors
- Help drive an organisational culture of commitment to governance and compliance
About Our Client
Our client has a reputation for providing consistent, customer orientated service in the mortgage processing space. Located in the Sydney CBD, the organisation has been in business since 1970 and works with a wide array of clients including mortgage brokers, financial advisers, SMEs, law firms and major bank lenders (including the Big 4).
This role requires a banking background and a thorough understanding of the relevant regulatory frameworks as they relate to the recoveries cycle. You will manage the matters resulting from our client's dealings with one particular customer, ensuring that work is completed efficiently and in a manner that achieves effective outcomes which are compliant with internal/external policies. The successful applicant must be an experienced people manager who is capable of staying across the day to day activities of a small team of direct reports as well as a host of external contractors.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have at least 2 years experience working in collections/recoveries for a major banking institution in Australia. The ability to demonstrate a background in managing the mortgage/possession recoveries cycle is essential. Lawyers or applicants with a legal background are preferred. The successful applicant will:
- have law or other relevant tertiary degree in finance or a related field;
- have a thorough understanding of mortgages and other lending practices;
- be experienced in the debt recovery cycle;
- be a confident communicator with the ability to interact with varying levels of seniority within and outside the business;
- be able to use time efficiently and ensure that direct reports are effectively undertaking their duties;
- be able to interpret legislative/regulatory frameworks;
- have experience maintaining internal compliance/regulatory related policies; and
- have a history of solid tenure at previous employers.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary based on knowledge and experience.
Further to the above, our client is committed to ensuring its employees have a real work/life balance. With a collaborative working environment, senior management is committed to ensuring the well-being of all at the organisation.