You are here
Senior Communications Officer
- Senior Communications Officer
- Primary Industries
About Our Client
My client are a large Primary Industries corporation, based in the inner suburbs of Melbourne.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes.
- To contribute to development of organisational capability by taking ownership of your own training and development, including identifying and taking part in training and development activity and responding to feedback on performance.
- Thinking creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement and commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in colleagues.
- Take responsibility for identifying and actioning areas of risk including Health and Safety and Business Continuity.
- Work as part of project or process teams as required under the new operating model, ensuring excellent cross functional output.
- Work within the Corporate Communications teams to plan, design, implement, deliver and evaluate a series of communications campaigns to meet clearly set objectives and targets and clearly related to outcomes
- Managing the PR aspect of a possible crisis situation.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to Directors, Executive Directors, Members and Commissioners as required.
- To proactively deliver communications to manage public perception of the my client and in addition to alert colleagues and those in partner authorities to any media related issues that may have an impact on current work priorities, and to support those partner authorities to maximise the opportunities for positive media coverage.
- To support the People/Place/Corporate Communications Manager and Head of Communications to deliver communications across all communications channels in appropriate formats to audiences and evaluate the impact of these communications activities against outcomes.
- Management of environment and energy communications portfolio.
The Successful Applicant
You will have strong writing skills with an interest in the environment and behaviour change campaigns. You will have good partnership engagement skills, keeping stakeholders informed and managing their expectations.
You will have experience of:
- Press release writing
- Campaign management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Campaign evaluation
- Communications/Marketing Strategy Planning
What's on Offer
Close to Melbourne CBD railway stations