You are here
Senior Finance Business Partner | NSW Government
- Career development opportunities
- Main point of contact for KPI performance review
About Our Client
My client is a well established organisation within the Government sector who is growing rapidly, hence the need for a Finance Business Partner to join to provide high level financial advice, analysis and decision support to shape and facilitate the achievement of strategic outcomes.
As a Finance Business Partner your role will key to the success of this new model. You will act as an agent of change and become the face of the corporate finance team, helping to facilitate and support pragmatic decision making within the business. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist to enhance the quality of financial decisions for business units and ensure that all the chosen business options deliver the highest financial value at an acceptable level of risk.
- Lead financial processes ensuring risk mitigation and adherence to financial governance policy and procedure.
- Provide financial advice to stakeholders on all business case development.
- Build positive relationships with key stakeholders to build financial literacy, promote finance business practice while becoming familiar with their programs, systems, processes and policies.
- Drive change and improvement in budgeting reporting and fiscal responsibility and financial processes to ensure operational needs are met and processes are effective and efficient for everyone.
- Provide key insights into profit and loss performance, budget variances, trend analysis, direct and indirect costs, overhead allocations and KPI reporting to stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
You will hold relevant qualifications in Business or Accounting and have demonstrated sound business acumen with the ability to seek information, analyse evidence and proactively provide sound financial advice to support business objectives and strategy. You will have a track record of completing complex finance and business analysis and possess high level written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence staff at all levels. You will have a strong ability to build relationships, engage stakeholders, coach and mentor non finance staff in the principles of sound financial decision making. Previous experience using SAP is highly recommended.
What's on Offer
- Genuine value add role
- Competitive hourly rate
- 6 month contract with view of extension
- Opportunity for permanency
- Excellent CBD location and transport provided