You are here
Senior Financial Accountant/Analyst - Fixed Assets
- Attractive Salary
- Additional Super Annuation
About Our Client
My client operates and manages a large portion of the high voltage electricity transmission network in NSW and ACT, connecting generators, distributors and major end users. Their core role is to connect electricity customers to a safe, secure and reliable network.
You will be reporting to the corporate risk and auditing manager, and your role will be required, but not limited to;
- Maintaining the controls and accounting processes for WIP in accordance with relevant organisational policies and procedures
- Monitoring costing and asset information on capital projects and provide guidance to the business to ensure accuracy and consistency of information as well as compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Actively monitoring the status of capital projects including the creation of capital projects, progress of completed projects and follow up outstanding WIP matters
- Ensuring timely capitalisation of completed projects for purposes of the fixed assets registers..
- Undertaking regular and timely reconciliations of WIP balances to ensure integrity of data
- Identifying and analysing issues to determine their cause and develop and communicate appropriate business solutions to address and overcome these issues
- Assisting with the timely transfer of work in progress balances for completed capital projects and instant assets
- Maintaining appropriate reconciliations between the various fixed asset categories and books
- Assisting with the development and delivery of fixed asset training
- Managing the capitalisation of instant assets
- Producing regular and timely reports for monitoring and tracking of capital project status and WIP balances
- Assisting with the delivery of the fixed assets inputs for the half-yearly, annual, regulatory accounts, other statutory returns, and management of external audit of accounts in an efficient and effective manner.
The Successful Applicant
As the ideal candidate for the role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Finance, and be CA or CPA qualified, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the accounting standards and accounting policies and procedures in relation to fixed assets accounting and ability to interpret this into business requirement
- Understanding of business processes including capital works that underpin fixed assets accounting
- Understanding of the regulatory and financial accounting framework and business environment
- Demonstrated financial accounting experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to draw and interpret relevant consistent data from multiple sources and presenting information in clear concise reports
- Knowledge on the use of corporate financial systems and software applications
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Customer focus with strong relationship building skills
- Time management skills to address any conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
What's on Offer
As one of the senior accountants, you will collaborate with some of the best accounting minds in the business as you review and maintain the controls in place for work in progress across the network.