You are here
Senior Industrial Relations Officer
- Immediate Start
- Northern Sydney Location
About Our Client
A rapidly changing and growing organisation based on the northern side of the bridge. This is a leading and very reputable organisation.
As the senior Industrial relations officer, you will:
- Assist with the design and delivery of IR policy, initiatives and processes to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, policy and organisational requirements.
- Provide advice and support to senior executives and managers to facilitate the management of industrial relations issues
- Support the coordination of industrial matters and union negotiations to maximise effective outcomes for the organisation.
- Assist with the preparation of cases before Industrial and related tribunals.
- Monitor changes in legislation and regulations and proactively provide information and advice to management on appropriate application and impact on organisational policy and procedures.
- Monitor and report on IR metrics with appropriate recommendations to inform senior management on trends and risks.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of IR programs and strategies, identify risks and recommend appropriate solutions to increase the effectiveness of current and future initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful for this role, you will need to:
- Have tertiary qualifications in a related discipline
- have a demonstrated and proven background in industrial relations with an understanding of current legislation and government policy.
- Be immediately available
- have strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- be able to work autonomously as well as in a team
What's on Offer
This is a chance for a senior industrial relations officer to work for a highly recognised and respected organisation for a period of 6 months with the potential to be extended.