You are here
Senior Infrastructure Engineer| Cloud Transformation
- Global cloud transformation
- Large enterprise quality assurance
About Our Client
Our client, located within Brisbane's inner suburbs is a nationally recognised Retail organisation and rated as one of Australia's top 100 privately held companies. Currently experiencing extensive movement in the project space, this has encouraged additional headcount and scaleability. Working alongside a team of infrastructure specialists, you will play an integral role in the upkeep and maintenance of the organisations complex internal network across their core Windows and virtualisation platform while helping drive a hybrid based cloud transformation project.
Supporting an employee base of 1,100+, this role will require the expertise of a senior engineer to work with a small core infrastructure team with the ongoing maintenance and business support of a fleet of Microsoft,VMware, hyper-v, Citrix and Cisco UCS applications. You will provide advanced support from a senior perspective across the departments Windows 2008 and 2012 server platforms while demonstrating knowledge across DNS, AD, GPO's and enterprise-class backup systems. You will ensure availability, disaster recovery capacity and performance of enterprise applications and associated technologies.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate the following skills:
- Advanced system engineering experience in a medium to large enterprise environment
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and core applications - Server 2008 and 2012R2, Active Directory and Exchange - 2008/2010
- Advanced virtualisation experience - VMware vcloud & vsphere 6.0 and/or Hyper V 2012
- Competant knowledge of Citrix Xenapp technologies - Xenapp, XenServer and Netscalers
- Experience with Cisco UCS and SCCM
- Familiarity with enterprise-class backup systems
- Exposure to cloud technologies in a production environment - ideally Microsoft azure, vCloud and/or AWS
MCSA, ITIL and PRINCE2 certifications highly regarding
What's on Offer
Acting as the technical escalation point for Infrastructure team, you will be given full autonomy to drive change across a cloud delivery project and provide recommendations adhering to greenfield requirements and existing network upkeep.