You are here
Senior Infrastructure Engineer | Technical Lead
- Take the lead in an enterprise journey
- Busy project environment
About Our Client
Our client, located within Brisbane's city limits is a nationally recognised organisation and rated as one of Australia's top 100 privately held companies. Currently experiencing extensive movement in the project space, this has encouraged additional headcount and scaleability. Working alongside a team of infrastructure specialists, you will play an integral role in leading the team on an enterprise journey, while assisting in the upkeep and maintenance of the organisations complex internal network across their core Windows and virtualisation platform.
Supporting a small employee base, but a much larger peripheral network, this role will challenge the expertise of a senior engineer to lead a small core infrastructure team on an enterprise jouney from a small to medium business set-up. You will provide advanced support, design and implementation from a senior perspective across the departments broad range of associated technologies to ensure optimal availability, disaster recovery capacity and performance of enterprise applications.
You will be stepping into a busy environment with a greenfield atmosphere testing your ability to deliver quality outcomes as required by the business.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate the following skills:
- Advanced system engineering experience in a medium to large enterprise environment
- Strong experience delivering enterprise solutions and process
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and core applications - Server 2008 and 2012R2, Active Directory and Exchange - 2008/2010
- Enterprise linux administration would be advantageous
- Advanced virtualisation experience - Hyper V 2012 and/or VMware ESX
- Competant knowledge of Citrix Xenapp technologies - Xenapp, XenServer and Netscalers
- Experience with Cisco UCS
- Working knowledge of System Center (SCCM) design and management favourable
- Familiarity with enterprise-class backup systems
- Exposure to cloud technologies in a production environment - AWS and/or MS Azure
MCSA, ITIL and PRINCE2 certifications highly regarding
What's on Offer
Acting as the technical escalation point for all things Infrastructure, you will be given full autonomy to drive change across key project delivery and provide recommendations adhering to enterprise requirements and existing network upkeep.