You are here
Senior IR Consultant
- Immediate start
- CBD location
About Our Client
An immediate start for a Senior Workplace relations consultant in a well known and established government organisation located in the CBD for a period of 9 months initially.
Reporting to the manager of Workplace Relations you are responsible for making an important and strategic contribution to the development and management of the IR policies and purpose in order to improve efficiency and productivity within the organisation for a period of 9 months initially.
Some of your main responsibilities will include;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of suitable and effective IR strategies including systems to resolve IR issues and to reduce industrial disruption.
- Provide strong, focused, accurate and timely guidance for industrial relations practice
- Conducting tactical reviews and projects identifying the impact of work practices on the effectiveness of workplaces
- Identify opportunities to modernise and streamline industrial practices and instruments across the group
- Participate in negotiation and bargaining processes and where required take the lead role to achieve the best organisational results possible
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you will have;
- A proven and strong background in business focused industrial relations management at a senior level in a big, multifaceted service or operational organisation. Proven experience including: evidence of success in linking industrial relations strategy and planning to corporate and business planning and organisational objectives and demonstrated capacity to formulate, implement and provide specialist, strategic advice on current and emerging industrial relations issues
- Established high level strategic thinking, analytical and problem solving skills and success in delivering on major, organisationally critical projects and initiatives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IR discipline with strong and superior negotiating skills and a proven ability to be innovative in resolving industrial issues and conflict, with proven capacity to prepare and present submissions before Federal and State Industrial Tribunals with a strong record of success.
- Sound planning and organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to hit the ground running and also the ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Advanced written and verbal communication and presentation skills and demonstrated success at building effective relationships with key people.
- Tertiary qualifications in workplace relations, Human resources or a relevant business acumen
- Be available to start immediately
What's on Offer
A chance for a senior workplace relations consultant to have an immediate start in a well known and established government organisation located in the CBD