You are here
Senior Java Developer/Architect
- Drive real change and development in this Employer of Choice
- Competitive salary in line with experience
About Our Client
Our client is a forward-thinking, innovative financial institution. An ASX listed business and Employer of Choice, this organisation looks at the bigger picture and is now set to spearhead the company's drive into contemporary technologies and cloud based computing.
Located on Brisbane's CBD fringe, this role will suit an exceptionally strong senior Java Developer/Junior Architect looking to enhance their skills in technical leadership, and become part of an exciting journey ahead.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactively identifying practical best practice across technical and non-technical arms of the business.
- Drive architecture forward as a core Java capability is established from new and existing development teams.
- Mentor, lead and train existing developers in the latest Java technologies.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of server-side systems.
- Challenge perceptions and ideas surrounding technical practices, and help technical teams understand why things work the way they work.
The Successful Applicant
This role would be best suited to an exceptionally strong Senior Java Developer with a scientific mindset, who gets a kick out of embracing the challenges of a transitioning technical environment. You think outside the box, and can confidently drive best practice, top quality Java development across technical teams.
We are looking for:
- Deep and extensive understanding of the fundamentals of Java, and can clearly articulate its benefits and how to address challenges.
- A genuine passion for programming and leading others in the latest and greatest technologies.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for project deliverables.
- Ability to confidently communicate across all levels of a business hierarchy including Developers, Business Analysts, Delivery Managers, GMs and C-level stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in Java development in a large enterprise environment.
- Strong skills with Spring, SQL and Hibernate.
- Exposure to Microservices and cloud migration projects (AWS) would be beneficial but not essential.
What's on Offer
- Be a critical part of a truly exciting journey for this leading organisation.
- Excellent company culture with all the support and trust you could need to drive key changes to technical teams.
- Comprehensive range of employee benefits
- Rewarding career path and excellent learning & development opportunities.
- Convenient location near the Brisbane's CBD.
- Close to public transport, on site parking.