You are here
Senior Legal Officer
- Excellent opportunity for an In-house Legal Officer
- Sydney CBD Location
About Our Client
My client is a leading NSW government client based in the Sydney CBD.
This is a varied Senior Legal Officer role on an initial 3 month contract with a view for extension, your role will be primarily focused on the following:
- Provide professional legal advice and opinions on a wide range of legal issues that relate to the operational and administrative functions
- Provide advice to officers involved in determining government information access applications on legislative provisions and legal interpretations
- Represent the organisation in courts, inquests and tribunals; and undertaking essential research and preparation.
- Act either personally or in conjunction with the organisation's legal representatives in property transactions arising out of operations
- Act for the organisation either personally or in conjunction with independent legal representatives, in various matters before courts, inquests or tribunals involving the organisations
- Assemble briefs to obtain legal advice from the Crown Solicitor or external service providers regarding the organisations functions and powers
- Plan, monitor and report on the performance of the legal services across the organisation to the Principal Solicitor
- Develop and conduct legal and investigation education and training programs for staff to achieve compliance through successful civil and criminal enforcement
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience as a legal professional within a large complex organisation.
- Experience in the preparation or supervision of briefs of evidence, drafting complex legal advice, legal process, submissions, reports and correspondence.
- Legal qualification that permits the holder to be admitted as a legal practitioner with the right to appear in the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
What's on Offer
An initial 3 month contract with a view for extension based in the Sydney CBD.