You are here
This position is now filled
Senior Network Administrator
- Great opportunity at a global organisation
- North Sydney location
About Our Client
My client is a highly reputable global services organisation. They are located in North Sydney and have an enviable reputation. This role would suit a highly skilled and experienced individual looking to join a great team
The Network Administrator is responsible for end-to-end 24/7 operations of the IP Data & Voice network(s). Duties include solutions design, project delivery, incident resolution, change management, problem resolution, maintaining and providing recommendations regarding network security, performance monitoring and capacity planning.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Subject matter expert for enterprise wide network
- Work closely with Project Team & Service Desk support staff, offering an escalation point for all Network related incidents or requests
- Flexibility to provide support in 24x7 support environment as required. Provide out of hours service when needed
- Team Player, working closely with other team members
- Take ownership and manage support requests
- Prompt response to support calls and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in producing and updating systems documentation for Network systems.
- Ensure high level of security and data confidentiality
- Ensure prompt response in support situations and undertaking daily operational works. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimising production environments to ensure continuity of service
- Provide third level support for team supported technologies.
- Report technical issues that may impact upon the ability to achieve service levels.
- Provide timely weekly, monthly and ad hoc Service Support reports to management
- Manage customer incidents and requestscalls to closure to within SLA's\KPI's.
- Identify system improvements that can improve customer service or system performance
- Problem Management.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience as a senior network administrator in an enterprise environment
- Must be a subject matter expert in Cisco Data, Security, and Wireless technologies
- Demonstrated experience in constructing and documenting solution designs
- Experience with Palo Alto firewall policy and configuration management
- Experience with managing Riverbed Steelhead appliances
- Proven experience in dealing with and managing Telecommunications providers
- Proven customer service and team based skills in a support environment
- Strong familiarity with network and voice technologies and management processes
- Demonstrated track record in resolving network centric problems
- Good functional knowledge across network voice\data and security
- Experience in managing Cisco Voip environment will be highly regarded
What's on Offer
On offer is a permanent opportunity at a highly reputable services firm in North Sydney. Great opportunity for someone with a very strong Networking background to join a driven and supportive team