You are here
Senior Product Development Technologist
- Well known Australian leader within the Food Industry
- Rewarding role where innovation and creativity is central to success
About Our Client
Our client are a rapidly growing food processor who specialise in value add products. They are a top tier supplier to major retail and food service customers. A specialist in the Food and Beverage Industry this Australian owned business pride themselves on their quality and service levels and as such are a market leader across Asia Pacific.
The predominant function of this role is to work within the Research and Development team to bring products from concept to commercialisation. Reporting into the NPD Manager and having a team of technologists to supervise your duties will include:
- Handling new product and process development for raw meat products.
- Monitoring the new product processing procedure and schedule.
- Conducting pilot plant and factory test runs.
- Maintaining quality system and compliance throughout the development process and manufacturing process.
- Liaison with the customer, marketing, quality and production departments with new product launches.
The Successful Applicant
Will be able to answer yes to the following experience and attributes.
- Previous experience in a product development role in fresh produce or short shelf life products
- Exposure to working with flavour enhancers would be viewed extremely favourably
- Sound knowledge of Australian Food Legislation and quality systems, including ISO 9001:2000, HACCP and SQF systems
- Ability to build strong relationships with varied stakeholders and excellent communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Interest in the food markets and trends
- Experience working with customer specifications
- Tertiary Qualifications in Food Science or Technology
What's on Offer
This role offers a varied challenge and direct exposure to all aspects of Manufacturing and the Customer. The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive salary package alongside a monthly bonus relating to performance. Opportunities for progression through the company will be offered to outstanding performers.