You are here
Senior Programmer ( C/C++ )
- Video Game Publisher
- Melbourne Based Role
About Our Client
A start up studio with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. Join a small but mighty team, working towards building a team culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent, if you are passionate and driven to do your best work on amazing IP, please apply!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Programmer help bring our run time systems to a new level. The candidate will be involved in performance optimisation and systems work across multiple platforms and will be expected to:
- Design, write, debug and refine online systems, features, tools and infrastructure
- Provides technical insight regarding online design and feature sets
- Work with designers and other online engineers to prototype, develop, and refine features
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years programming experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Contributed extensively to the online development of two or more shipped games, PC or console.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Expert in network protocols.
- Expert of client/server and peer-to-peer architecture.
- Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, software design patterns and object-oriented design.
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
- A strong passion for video games and the online experience.
- Working knowledge of 3D Math.
What's on Offer
We will only be considering written applications for this role. There is no doubt this an exciting opportunity for a senior programmer who is university qualified in a field such as Computer Science who has a demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable and optimised code.