You are here
This position is now filled
Senior Project Manager (6 months)
- 6-month contract with high possibility of extension
- Ideally based in the CBD
About Our Client
- Proven capability in delivering complex multi-year Projects that deliver IT solutions through a supplier and transition the change successfully to internal staff and extensive external stakeholders.
- This PM would report directly to the Executive Director of the division where the role sits, with a dotted line to the Director PMO.
- The project governance includes a Steering Committee and Management Committee.
The work required by the role includes:
- Understanding the proposed Project as outlined in the Business Case and extensive supporting documentation.
- Initiating the Project formally with the Design and Planning Phase determining and recruiting immediate resourcing requirements, developing detailed Business Requirements, undertaking an RFT for IT solution services, and the various strategies and plans that inform the detailed Project Management Plan and associated controls for baselining. Delivering the rest of the Project in line with these baselines
- Development and then management of the project controls including: schedule, risks and issues, budget, reporting, communication/status reporting, change request management etc
- Management of the selected supplier and contractual obligations including Contractual Payment Milestones incurred through the life of the Project
- Management of the Project team and internal SMEs to deliver their work including two Government agencies
- Establishing and supporting the Project Steering Committee
The Successful Applicant
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Experience at managing both the IT and business aspects of complex project delivery
- Have run projects from start to finish and some of those projects have run for more than 1 year. Projects to have included web interfaces with external or geographically distributed users
- Projects have involved selection of a vendor through RFT and then firm but fair vendor management to achieve the deadlines. If you had used the NSW Govt Procurement processes that's a bonus but not mandatory
- Have come up originally through a systems development background rather than an IT infrastructure/Help Desk background.
- Ability to adapt to mandatory, usually legislatively driven, changes that are likely to occur through project life
- Good people skills, can get on with stakeholders
This assumes that you already have strong project management capabilities.
What's on Offer
This role is for 6 months (with ongoing extensions) to potentially the end of 2018.