You are here
Senior Project Manager (6 months)
- 6-month contract with high possibility of extension
- Ideally based in the CBD
About Our Client
- Proven capability in delivering complex multi-year Projects that deliver IT solutions through a supplier and transition the change successfully to internal staff and extensive external stakeholders.
- This PM would report directly to the Executive Director of the division where the role sits, with a dotted line to the Director PMO.
- The project governance includes a Steering Committee and Management Committee.
The work required by the role includes:
- Understanding the proposed Project as outlined in the Business Case and extensive supporting documentation.
- Initiating the Project formally with the Design and Planning Phase determining and recruiting immediate resourcing requirements, developing detailed Business Requirements, undertaking an RFT for IT solution services, and the various strategies and plans that inform the detailed Project Management Plan and associated controls for baselining. Delivering the rest of the Project in line with these baselines
- Development and then management of the project controls including: schedule, risks and issues, budget, reporting, communication/status reporting, change request management etc
- Management of the selected supplier and contractual obligations including Contractual Payment Milestones incurred through the life of the Project
- Management of the Project team and internal SMEs to deliver their work including two Government agencies
- Establishing and supporting the Project Steering Committee
The Successful Applicant
To succeed in this role, you will be able to:
- Work independently
- Implement approaches that enable tight deadlines to be met
- Have strong analytical capabilities including issue and risk identification and mitigation/resolution skills
- Be 'hands-on' and able to develop and maintain the Project Controls themselves (scheduling, risks, issues, budget, status reporting etc) themselves
- Have high energy levels to be able to drive multiple streams of work concurrently
- Have very strong stakeholder engagement, team building and communication skills
- Be able to tightly manage the selected supplier to the required delivery dates
- Be able to work with ambiguity and adapt to change
What's on Offer
This role is for 6 months (with ongoing extensions) to potentially the end of 2018.