You are here
This position is now filled
Senior Project Manager - Data Relocation and Migration
- Great Australian Brand
- Huge International Project
About Our Client
Our client is a huge education provider that puts their students first. You will be joining the business for a 6 month contract which will require you to have excellent knowledge of Project Management as a discipline.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Defining, documenting and successful delivery key global projects that are related to establishment or relocation of the Data Centres and also migration of the storage.
- Vendor management.
- Influencing necessary stakeholders.
- Initiate, develop and maintain strong and effective internal and external networks that are relevant to meeting the completion of projects.
- Identify, assess, and manage the risks to the success of the project including dependencies across projects, political, business impact, market impact, and technical complexity.
- Ensure that realistic project, quality, and change control plans are prepared and maintained while providing regular and accurate updates to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Lead the project change management process and ensure deliverables are completed within planned cost, time frame, and resource budgets are signed off.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Advocates the PMO methods and tools to deliver a standardised quality service of project management.
The Successful Applicant
The succesfull candidate will possess the following:
- Substantial career evidence of project management including within large organisations, experience in developing strategy, planning, ensuring governance and management of projects across global migration of Data Centres and migration of the storage for critical applications;
- Proven capability to deliver Data Centre establishment and migration, significant experience in migration of storage is required;
- Proven capability to deliver global implementation of Data Centre, utilising Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS);
- Significant Vendor Management experience
- Experience in running multiple infrastructure projects.
- Experience in running international projects.
- Experience in Large Platform Migrations/Integrations (SAP/Oracle Solaris experience highly desirable).
- Experience in management of large storage migrations.
- Proven capability to develop business cases;
- Proven experience in successful budget responsibility for projects up to $5 million.
- Extensive project life cycle experience understanding the planning and delivery of projects in its entirety.
- High level of written and oral communication skills with excellent attention to detail in written work.
- Proven confidence in verbal communication with the successful ability to deal with people at all levels of an organisation including liaising with a wide range of diverse IT & business stakeholders. Experience liaising with senior stakeholders essential.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative with a pragmatic, outcome-focused approach to project delivery.
- Demonstrated evidence of ability to lead and motivate a team to ensure successful on time, high quality delivery within budget.
- Project management certifications
What's on Offer
The role on offer is a 6 month contract based in Melbourne's CBD. If you possess the above skills and experience, apply today.