You are here
This position is now filled
Senior Project Manager - Global Consultancy
- Newly created Senior Project Manager position
- Competitive Package on Offer
About Our Client
Reporting to the Senior Associate within a global consulting firm, the role is accountable for the operation of the office including preparation of bids and tenders, financial performance, project performance, customer relationship management, and performance and support of the team. The role will require a pragmatic approach to problem solving and an eye for detail.
Working as the Senior Project Manager, within a very well know and respected consultancy business, you will be accountable in undertaking consulting services within the Management Consulting team in Sydney. Reporting into the Senior Associate in the team you will be his 2IC in the team and be responsible for also mentoring junior members of the team. Skills & experience in consulting services, program & project management related role(s), in engineering / architecture disciplines would be a very strong advantage. Whilst projects may be across several sectors, it is anticipated that a general focus will be applied to the transport and infrastructure sectors.
Other key responsibilities will include the following:
- Undertake day to day consulting duties for current ongoing project commitments and future projects.
- Work under limited / broad guidance and be responsible when required for work of others.
- With guidance, manage and assist graduate project managers to undertake project management of internal projects
- Be closely involved with business development-related activities, and developing relationships, with new and existing clients, preparing and overseeing the preparation of proposals
- Undertake other assigned technical project management activities as needed
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Be a Chartered engineer or equivalent Professional project management membership
- Well developed experience in consulting and strategic advice in a consulting environment
- Experience of work within the transportation and infrastructure sectors.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal skills
- Knowledge and experience in project management and related areas.
- Ability to independently undertake project analyses, and report on results.
- Experience in managing key projects as part of a team, including assisting with the supervision of multi-disciplinary project teams where appropriate
- Experience in the effective technical supervision and development of less-experience team members.
What's on Offer
- This is a global consultancy who will offer you significant career development opportunities within a friendly and collaborative team environment.
- Competitive salary package on offer to the successful applicant
- Immediate start available