You are here
Senior WHS Advisor
- Fantastic Career opportunity
- Globally recognised organisation
About Our Client
Our client is one of Australias best known brands in the automotive industry. They have been specialising in their industry for over 90 years and are the market leader in their field. With a large footprint of stores Australiawide, they have a requirement for an experienced Senior WHS Advisor to join their dynamic team.
The Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the development, implementation, and delivery of health and safety objectives and targets, ensuring that they are aligned with company objectives and relevant regulations
- Provide direction and support to operational teams to ensure the provision of an expert and value for money advisory service across the business.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and developing Health & Safety legislation and monitor developments in health and safety theory and good practice to fulfil the role of 'competent person' ensuring that all operations are compliant.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and developing Health & Safety legislation and monitor developments in health and safety theory and good practice to fulfil the role of 'competent person' and implement and manage a Health & Safety Framework that ensures it satisfies compliance requirements.
- Ensure the Identification, assessment, implementation and monitoring of Health & Safety policies, procedures and reporting systems, track and report on the delivery of Health and Safety services across the business as part of the overall Risk Management Framework.
- Manage and develop effective relationships with key stakeholders to support wider business strategies and ensuring that staff and suppliers are aware of, and comply with, their obligations, identifying areas for improvement so that high quality services are delivered and received.
- Manage the reporting of incidents, accidents and health and safety issues to ensure consistent compliance for the company within legislative and regulatory frameworks.
- Contribute, as appropriate, to special programmes and projects in support of the company objectives.
The Successful Applicant
- Formal qualifications in Safety
- Ideally 5 years in a similar position
- Preferably have multi site experience
- Have strong stakeholder engagement experience
- Willingness to travel occasionally
What's on Offer
An attractive salary is on offer to the successful candidate and an opporunity to join a reputable business with fantastic career potential.