You are here
Service Desk Analyst Level 1/2
- Service Desk Analyst Level 1/2
- Work for a leading multinational company
About Our Client
Our client are a world renowned, multinational technology and consulting corporation. Providing IT support across the globe, they are now looking to strengthen their large existing support team based in St Leonards, NSW.
- First point of contact (front line) support to clients with IT technical and end-user related issues.
- Provide real-time solutions, point clients to self-help solutions or act as the catalyst for reaching a solution by accurately escalating to the next level support team.
- Consistent levels of service for all IT standard desktop products and designated business applications.
- Possess broad technical knowledge of both Windows PC and MAC operating systems, hardware, printing, connectivity, and PC productivity and management software applications.
- Remain current and up to date with developments and new features when new versions of applications and operating systems are released.
- Provide excellent customer service in a consistent and methodical manner.
- Adaptable and calm under pressure, and is always pleasant, courteous and patient when dealing with customers.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will posses the following:
- Thorough understanding of Macintosh and Windows operating systems and productivity based software including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Aptitude for identifying problems and troubleshooting to resolve Windows PC hardware and associated software related problems.
- Proficient in the use of Windows 7, Snow Leopard and Lion MAC OS.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to use available resources to identify solutions.
- Experienced with using Windows within MAC environment, (VMWare and Office 2011) - Essential.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills are required for success.
- Experience using incident management tools, e.g. Remedy.
- Candidate should be a fast learner and self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to handle and interact with users / clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be a good listener and have excellent communication skills.
Additional Skills / Experience:
- Good understanding of the technical fundamentals of the internet.
- This should include knowledge of internet protocols such as SSH, FTP, SFTP and HTTP as well understanding the use of diagnostic tools such as "traceroute" and "ping".
What's on Offer
- 12 month contract
- Opportunity to work for a multinational organisation who is an industry leader in technology
- Great Work/Life balance
- Competitive remuneration