You are here
Service Manager - Applications
- Great opportunity at a leading Professional services organisation in the CBD
- MUST be a very strong and influential manager
About Our Client
My client is a highly reputable professional services organisation located in the CBD. They are looking for someone who has 'been there and done that' and who is able to provide long term direction for the team. The organisation has a hard working ethic and you will need to show strong resilience and hold a presence to be considered
Key responsibilities include:
- Successfully deliver change management initiative/s using agreed ICT change management methodology, determining the scope and impact of change initiatives on people, processes, and systems and operating models.
- Provide clear guidelines and frameworks for applications development.
- Collaborate between product support team and the solutions team to ensure that all solutions are implemented with the appropriate level of support, documentation, testing and training to ensure a positive initial and ongoing experience for the users of the solution.
- Manage 2nd and 3rd level support and referral to other IT support groups or external support providers if appropriate.
- Ensure regular planned applications upgrades to ensure that the Organisation applications are maintained to the most recent stable release level.
- Implement processes to ensure that control procedures are followed and that only accepted changes are migrated to the production environment.
- Manage production support for all of the Organisation's systems and internally developed applications.
- Take ownership of application issues until resolution.
- Ensure specialised technical product or systems advice and consultancy to assist projects, particularly in relation to complex application design issues, security and costs.
- Plan and manage external vendor work and services.
- Manage applications experts to ensure they are focussed on providing the best solution for the business in a cost effective way and are interesting in understanding the business requirements and business needs. Application and integration support for systems such as CRM, LMS, CMS, FMS etc.
- Monitoring team's performance to ensure SLAs are met
- Act as mentor for team members, providing guidance on practices and behaviours that support good business engagement and lead to strong customer relationships.
- Work with the Service Delivery Team to manage and improve team performance
The Successful Applicant
It is imperative that you have the right character traits for this role. You MUST be very resilient, be able to influence, have strong stakeholder and vendor management skills, be able to manage a technical team. You must be confident in your own ability and hold a strong presence. As well as the above you will possess the following:
- Strong technical skills
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle and complementary analysis / design procedures
- Ability to plan, organise, monitor and deliver at an operational level
- Exemplary communication, negotiation and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills for understanding application problems and clearly explaining solutions
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework
- Possesses a continuous enterprise view and understanding of the systems and technologies in place
- Experience providing level 2 and 3 application support
- Understanding of Web Services and Web Applications
- Understanding of coding languages
- Experience in defect and enhancement management in an ITIL environment
- Ability to adhere to Service Level Agreements.
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills.
What's on Offer
On offer is a permanent opportunity at this highly reputable professional services organisation. You will have a strong ability to influence and be an experienced manager.
In return my client can offer - 1. a great place to work, 2. interesting work and 3. excellent training