You are here
- Fantastic leadership opportunity withing the plastics industry
- Great career progression with an established FMCG business
About Our Client
Our client is a family owned business specialising in the supply of quality plastics to the food, dairy and beverages and pharmaceutical industry. Due to some structural changes internally, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced shift supervisor to join their experienced manufacturing team. Supplying into some of Australia's leading Food&beverage and pharmaceutical industries, our client specialise in extrusion blow moulding and injection blow moulding and are catering for a wide client base across the Melbourne market.
Reporting into the Production Manager you will manage a team of manufacturing technicians. As the Shift Manager you will be responsible for:
- Conduct production that is compliance with health and safety standards.
- Driving Continuous improvement, through Kaizen and pro active thinking.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and organisation (5S).
- Ensuring all related company procedures are audited and complied with.
- Audit all documentation is being filled out correctly and comprehensively
- Ensure all daily activities are carried out with strict adherence to company policy
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should possess the following attributes.
A focused individual, you will have experience working within a team of manufacturing supervisors covering the 24/7 operation. Responsible for operating within budgeted labour overtime limits, you will have managed teams of up to 25 staff in a pharmaceutical, food or high speed packaging environment. Ideally degree qualified or with industry experience, you will need outstanding communication and leadership skills to be successful in this role. There is a consistent focus on performance and quality, you will need to have experience with KPI monitoring and demonstrated experience with CI focus across the manufacturing environment.
What's on Offer
Attractive salary competitive with market rate. This role gives a dedicated Shift Manager the chance to lead a specialist team of operators in a well established family owned Australian business.