You are here
Sole Legal Counsel FTC - 4+ PAE
- Commercial lawyer who has advised on licensing, software and disclosures
- Ability to work autonmously and be the key legal point of contact is essential
About Our Client
Our client is part of a global group of organisations committed to bringing top quality products to markets throughout the world. The company prides itself on having a dynamic culture that harnesses the ingenuity and innovation of its employees to provide industry leading technological research solutions. With offices located across the globe, our client is an employer of choice and has a growing product portfolio tailored to assist individuals, SMEs and corporate entities alike to deal conveniently with digital information.
This role is ideal for a legal professional with 4+ years PAE and a proven ability to work autonomously in small teams. As sole legal counsel, you will be the first line point of contact for all business unit enquiries/legal matters and will be required to liaise with all levels of seniority within the organisation. Experience working with engineers or in an R&D environment will be highly desirable. As a proven commercial generalist, the successful applicant will be business oriented and capable of providing advice on a full range of commercial contracts.
Key areas of focus for the role are not limited to but will include:
- ad hoc advice on legal and regulatory issues to business units;
- review, drafting and negotiation of contractual agreements including licensing, software, contractor and disclosure related;
- experience with IP matters/related agreements is preferred but not essential;
- review of supplier T&Cs and where required renegotiation or advice as to implications of such T&Cs;
- acting as key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders;
- dealing with regulators;
- implementation/maintenance of internal policy initiatives designed to address regulatory requirements on the business.
Experience dealing with complex legal issues in a sole legal counsel or small team role will be looked upon favourably.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:-
- hold a current New South Wales Practising Certificate that allows you to practice unsupervised;
- have 4+ years PAE in a corporate in-house team or reputable commercial practice group;
- have experience in general commercial practice with a proven ability to liaise with all levels of seniority within business units;
- familiarity with general commercial agreements including licensing, software, distribution, master service, contractor and disclosures;
- experience with policy requirements around protecting trade secrets, information security and other regulatory policy requirements;
- be a confident communicator with a proven ability to manage stakeholder relationships;
- be able to manage all stages of the contracts process;
- be familiar with regulatory compliance issues (although experience in a compliance specific role is not essential); and
- have strong attention to detail and the ability to organise/multitask complex issues on an independent basis.
The successful applicant will be comfortable in high pressure situations. Our client is committed to its dynamic culture and will value applicants who can demonstrate a commitment to working effectively in a team environment and upholding the values of the organisation they work for. A proven ability to self-motivate and work independently is highly desirable.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary based on experience and expertise.