You are here
State Manager - Building Products
- Exciting opportunity to join ASX listed building materials business
- Career development opportunities
About Our Client
One of Australia's leading companies within the building materials industry this ASX listed business has an excellent track record of delivering some of the most high profile projects nationally. A comprehensive product range, innovative R&D capability and talented staff allow them to maintain their market leading position. The products are supplied to fabricators and distributors, focusing on the Residential, Commercial and Industrial segments.
This role is responsible for the management and coordination of state based operations including sales activity, strategic planning and multi-site management with full profit and loss responsibilities.
- Develop a strategic business plan ensuring growth for the State.
- Lead and manage sales as required, to achieve budgeted sales results within the state
- Provide detailed and monthly reports as to the current state of the market and potential opportunities.
- Pro-actively identify new business opportunities and allocate designated Account Managers within branches.
- Develop and manage change strategies to achieve and maintain best practice standards.
- Ensure the distribution centres have appropriate equipment, support facilities, resources and systems to achieve required service levels within budgetary constraints.
- Maintain and report on expense and capital expenditure budget.
- Take full accountability for personal safety and well-being, develop an understanding of risk minimisation and be committed to achieving the highest possible standards for Safety, Health and the Environment (SH&E).
- Demonstrate effective SH&E leadership, communicate and endorse safety practices, monitor key safety performance indicators and visibly participate in promoting safety policies and initiatives.
- Effective people management. Ensure a competent and motivated workforce through effective communication, training and development
The Successful Applicant
The candidate must come from the building materials industry. Ideally applicants will be someone who is currently a Sales Manager looking to make the step up to a general management role or a proven State Manager who has a track record of delivering double digit growth targets.
- Degree qualified - ideally MBA.
- 8 years + sales management experience within the building materials industry.
- Well developed communication skills, including the ability to liaise and negotiate with customers, suppliers and industry associations.
- Demonstrated high levels of analytic skills.
What's on Offer
Great career opportunity with room to grow within the organisation Base $120,000 + Super + Car Allowance + Bonus