You are here
Structural Engineering Manager - Consultancy - Residential
- Are you a Structural Engineer experienced in the East Coast residential market?
- Do you have significant prior management experience?
About Our Client
Our client is a flexible, medium sized civil and structural consultancy with offices around the country. The organisation prides itself on the service provided to its clients, which offers it a unique value proposition within the market.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Structural Engineer with significant people management skills to lead a team of ten in the company's Residential Section. Your main duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Review work quality, organisation and timeliness within the Section, and implement strategies for improvement where necessary;
- Review and sign off work of the team in order to ensure it meets relevant quality standards and that delivery standards are met
- Work collaboratively with other company teams across the country to ensure best practice is implemented on a consistent basis;
- Oversee and maintain efficiency within the section, including turnaround times and other benchmarks;
- Define and monitor section targets and KPIs, which may include the development and monitoring of team and forecast budgets;
- Manage customer expectations in a professional manner;
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to the team in relation to both technical engineering requirements and meeting customer expectations;
- Liaise with clients on all aspects of their design requirements
- Act as point of escalation and ensure that you take an active role in resolving significant client issues and problems;
- Actively get involved in the company's business development activities to ensure that you are a driving force in the expansion of the company's client list.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application you should have a tertiary qualification in either Civil or Structural Engineering. You should also have attained RPEQ status. A significant amount of prior experience as a Structural Engineer operating within the residential space is essential, as is experience in dealing with concrete and steel (as opposed to timber). Significant prior experience in people management is an absolute must.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Supportive Environment
- Opportunity to "own" your own division
- Manage and mentor a growing team
- Varied list of clients and services