You are here
This position is now filled
Technical Solution Lead (12 months)
- Ideally located in the CBD
- Working within a highly-regarded Government organisation
About Our Client
My client is an award-winning enterprise which is taking government customer service into the digital age. It has been a game changer in the transformation of government services, utilising the best in the market place to plan, launch and execute fast, easy and convenient services to the citizens of NSW.
The role will include the following responsibilites:
- Create and maintain the business capabilities map consistent with the enterprise architecture, strategy, organisational goals, drivers and values streams
- Assess new business requirements against solutions to understand functional and technical fit, and make system recommendations for new capabilities and enhancement releases
- Negotiate solution designs with the business to ensure designs are not over-configured, and requirements can be achieved through configuration where possible
- Documentation of the company's technology solutions including conceptual models, straw-man designs, system functional design, use cases, integration architecture and requirements traceability
- Identify and manage design risks and issues through the project and manage resolutions in line with architecture standards and business risk appetite
- Collaborate strongly across the business, operational teams, Agencies and suppliers throughout the solution/system development lifecycle to deliver systems and technology solutions consistent with architectural standards, guidelines, and the existing landscape
- Work with the business owners and subject matter experts to ensure system designs meet immediate business operational requirements as well as support and compliance to ICT policies and applicable regulatory frameworks
- Analyse and document 'As Is' and 'To Be' processes, application components and data flows to determine any gaps between the business problem and the proposed solution
- Create and maintain relevant technical and functional design specifications, business cases, solutions options papers and other documentation
- Create risk-based testing strategies and accompanying plans for technology driven project initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
- Technology related degree
- Extensive experience and senior technical expertise in the field of Solution Architecture with a proven track record of successfully delivering projects.
- 10 years' experience working within systems analysis and solution architecture roles
- Overall understanding of the business objectives of service lines and core business services departments
- Experience facilitating meetings with multiple customers and technical staff, including building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to develop a solid understanding of various business and technical domains
- Demonstrated track record in project delivery
- Experience overseeing (from a technical perspective) multiple projects
- Strong problem-solving and analytical capability
- Ability to analyse and operate at different levels of abstraction
- Experience in Governance, Risk, and Compliance domains
- Commercial and operational acumen coupled with analytical and strategic thinking capacity
- Team player that displays initiative and professionalism
- Persuasive and adaptive negotiating and influencing skills as well as proven high level communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Enjoys working in a rapidly evolving business
- Knowledge of key analytical and research tools
- Ability to manage a variety of competing tasks
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrate a strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated high levels of integrity and business ethics
- Strong leadership skills and capacity to foster team collaboration
- Tertiary qualification within a relevant business or technology discipline
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation skills, planning and organising skills
- Good commercial acumen.
What's on Offer
The role reports directly to the Director Technology Architecture & Risk Management. The engagement is for 12 months, located in the heart of the CBD.