You are here
Telecommunications Lawyer - 4+ years PAE
- Telecommunications Lawyer with 4+ PAE industry experience
- Knowledge of site acquistions process and related property issues is essential
About Our Client
Arriving to Australia in 2004, our client is a global provider of ICT solutions in relation to telecommunications networks, equipment and services. Currently working with all Australia's leading telecommunications brands, our client employs some 800 staff across the country servicing a business that has at least one of its products in-use by some 50 percent of all Australians.
The role is a project based role on a twelve (12) month fixed term contract and reports directly to the Principal Legal Counsel. The successful applicant will be a subject matter expert in relation to telecommunications, leasing, site acquisitions and will be expected to provide time sensitive and effective advice on related issues as they arise. Key duties of the role include:-
- commercially orientated advice in relation to telecommunications, property and construction matters;
- review, negotiation and drafting of related documents/contractual agreements;
- instruction to and management of external legal counsel;
- advice on regulatory issues;
- management of the site acquisition process; and
- ad hoc legal advice as required by the business units.
Only applicants who are confident in the independent preparation and issue of legal documents need apply. The role may require creation of legal processes and training to assist business units in the management of issues as they arise in relation to our client's site acquisition activities as required by the project.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:-
- hold a current New South Wales Practising Certificate;
- have 4+ years PAE in a large telecommunications institution or reputable telecommunications practice group;
- comprehensive knowledge of the Telecommunications Act;
- experience in construction, leasing and the site acquisitions process;
- demonstrable commercial awareness and ability to negotiate complex legal issues; and
- ability to prioritise a heavy workload and deal with competing stakeholders to achieve satisfactory outcomes for the business.
The successful applicant will thrive in fast paced, high pressure situations. The ability to quickly understand complex legal issues and provide effective solutions in a timely manner is of utmost importance. The successful applicant will be a keen negotiator with excellent analytical skills and a strong client focus that ensures provision of legally sound advice that meets business objectives.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary based on experience and expertise.
Our client is offering an excellent opportunity for a driven telecommunications lawyer to be the lead legal point of contact on a project that will impact industry more generally and develop that lawyer's reputation as a leading professional in the space. As a global organisation servicing 140+ countries worldwide, our client offers a rare opportunity for any lawyer looking to make an impact on a global scale.