You are here
Unix/Linux Engineer | Solaris | VMware
- Complex infrastructure supporting multiple flavours
- Seeking Unix/Linux subject matter expertise
About Our Client
My client is a fast growing local organisation experiencing a prolonged period of commercial success. To support and consolidate this growth they now have a vacancy for an experienced Unix/Linux Administrator who would assist them with ongoing support and development of their Infrastructure for an initial period of 3 months.
You will be required to take ownership of the Unix/Linux and virtualisation Infrastructure environment in a BAU capacity, monitoring the design and implementation, patching and upgrades of all Sun Solaris, debian, centOS and Redhat operating platforms. You will demonstrate comprehensive experience across IBM products to help assist in the maintenance of the storage and VMware suite environment.
The Successful Applicant
Demonstrated experience across technically diverse systems that operate in Real Time in a project and BAU environment, ideally with an emphasis on the following skills and technologies:
- UNIX Operating Systems - Sun Solaris 9,10,11
- Advanced VMware skills across versions - 4.1, 5.5, 6.1 including VMware view 4
- Advanced knowledge of affiliated Linux systems - Redhat, CentOS, Debian
- IBM Bladecenter H & HDS CB500 and HDS sms100, ams2300, hus130 & G200 SAN
- Oracle based back end
- Apache, java, tomcat, unix/linux shell scripting
What's on Offer
On offer is a lucrative contract rate for an initial short term engagement. With projects at a premium, the will be a strong likelihood of extensions.