You are here
VP - AML
- VP - AML
- Regional point of contact for financial crime issues
About Our Client
Our client is an industry leader in global banking that is as committed to providing top quality service across its 6000+ retail banking sites as it is to leading corporate clients. With activity across banking, investment, asset management and various other financial/risk-management products, our client is an adaptable organisation that services individual consumers, small to medium businesses and large corporate entities across 150+ countries.
Reporting to the Head of AML Compliance for Asia-Pacific, the role will require a dual focus as a risk manager for the regional AML Compliance team and as the Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer ('MLRO') for Australia. The successful applicant will be responsible for provision of strategic guidance in relation to financial crimes issues in Australia and need to manage the regional coverage for Global Transaction Services. The nature of the role is such that maintenance of key business unit relationships is paramount to the successful operation of local compliance policies in accordance with global/local standards. Key responsibilities are not limited to, but will include:-
- Preparation of financial risk assessments;
- Overall responsibility for high risk client due diligence;
- Ad hoc investigation of unusual/suspicious client activity;
- Point of contact for regional regulators;
- Updating internal compliance policies when required;
- Create a new high risk client due diligence program;
- Put in place strategies to mitigate against key AML/CTF risk areas; and
- Assist in the development of organisational risk models.
Our client is committed to providing innovative and dynamic technology solutions for its consumers and the role will require a relative level of comfort insofar as working with online banking platforms is concerned.
The Successful Applicant
The successful will be an established AML compliance professional with a proven record of providing advice that both meets business unit needs and comprehensively addresses compliance risks. The successful applicant will have at least four (4) years AML or sanction risk management experience with reputable domestic or financial institutions. A demonstrable ability to multi-task and manage stakeholder relationships with senior, high performance individuals in compliance and across business team units is fundamental to the successful applicants ability to carry out the role. The successful applicant must be a great communicator with excellent skills as a motivator and must:
- hold a tertiary degree with relevance to the field;
- be certified in a professional AML or compliance association (preferred but not essential);
- have proven management skills;
- have knowledge across a wide range of financial products;
- be experienced in dealing with regulators and law enforcement;
- be capable of acting on suspicious activity reports
- be solution driven; and
- be a confident decision maker who is highly organised.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary that is commensurate with knowledge and experience.