You are here
Web and Digital Marketing Manager
- Melbourne based University
- Lead digital and web projects
About Our Client
My client is a leading Melbourne based University; focused on education, teaching and research they are committed to providing the Australian community exceptional higher education solutions and career opportunities. The Web and Digital Marketing Manager will lead their own digital projects for the Engineering and IT Faculty, but can be supported by a centralised marketing and digital team. The faculty is currently ranked as the number one offering in Australia.
The Web and Digital Marketing Manager will assist the General Manager, Marketing and Communications to develop, implement and champion the strategy for the faculties' website, intranet, and social media presence. In addition, the Web and Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of a range of online applications, including digital and multimedia platforms, as well as ensuring consistency in the application of the Monash brand for web and social media messaging on behalf of both faculties.
This position manages a small team of digital marketing specialists. They will be instrumental in leading the team to achieve departmental and University goals while developing and enhancing their technical capability to best meet the requirement of the faculties.
- In consultation with the General Manager, Marketing and Communications develop and implement the digital marketing strategy for the faculties.
- Collaborate with the SMC team to effectively position Engineering and IT externally as leaders in their fields, and liaise with the central team on all faculty branding activities to ensure consistent application of the visual and verbal identity for digital marketing activities.
- Work collaboratively with the wider faculties' marketing team to identify and implement effective marketing and communication content and channels to engage key target audiences, in particular potential students, alumni and industry.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies, trends, and innovations in the digital field, evaluate their potential application to the needs of the faculties and provide recommendations for the ongoing improvement of its online presence.
- Design and implement reporting, using a range of evaluation techniques such as web analytics, usability testing, focus groups, online polls and expert evaluation into web content management, to evaluate initiatives and strategies in place and provide guidance on where improvements can be gained.
- Provide leadership to the Digital Marketing Officer, Web Development Officer and Faculty Webmaster, including coaching and mentoring, to achieve stated annual goals and business objectives.
- Manage the maintenance, support and updates of the faculties' websites providing high level advice and to faculty departments with an emphasis on delivering a quality user experience, effective information architecture and considered content strategy.
- Design, develop and maintain online applications to enhance administration and that contribute to the University's focus on continuous improvement, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Represent the faculties at various meetings and working parties to ensure their needs are fully understood and that the University's web standards are implemented effectively
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- A postgraduate qualification within a relevant field, or extensive industry experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated skills and experience in designing, building and maintaining large organisational websites and social media presence
- Extensive experience in web development and management using a Content Management System (CMS), and "Google Analytics", to develop real time reporting and improvement to campaigns and technical knowledge of web operations and the user experience that support best practice standards and customised (in-house) web applications.
- Demonstrated success in leading, mentoring and developing individuals and teams with the proven ability to work autonomously as well as achieve objectives collaboratively as a part of a broader team
- Demonstrated exceptional focus on customer service with the ability to communicate to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, to effectively plan workloads, prioritise multiple tasks and ensure deadlines are met with the proven ability to actively contribute to, and implement, key strategies.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to translate technical information and techniques into easily comprehendible and actionable verbal or written communications.
- Demonstrated ability to co-ordinate and negotiate with content providers to achieve high service standards and maintain clients' satisfaction levels.
What's on Offer
Benefits of the role:
- Flexible working arrangements and a great work/life balance
- Work for a prestigious University and top ranked faculty in Australia
- Chance to lead and develop your own strategy