More than 2,700 clients from Australia’s major industries responded to our survey on what’s happening with hiring around the country.
We’ve added our own insights and salary snapshots to create a collection of employer sentiment reports, covering topics important for both employers and employees. In brief, here’s what we’ve found out about the technology sector:
- Industry trends; many technology executives are looking to make a difference in their role, with an increasing number leaving the banking and finance sector to move into not-for-profit positions
- Regional hiring forecasts; high confidence should drive some growth across Australia over the next 6-12 months, with New South Wales and Victoria boasting the current highest recruitment volumes
- Managing risk; many risk-averse employers are hiring on fixed-term contracts and 51% of our survey respondents don’t predict they’ll increase their teams this year
- Salary trends; remuneration increases of 3-5% remain steady, although particular skill sets may be able to demand more
- Across the country, 68% of those we surveyed expect their direct employees to receive a pay rise this year
- Current salary snapshot; a junior consultant’s salary will likely start at around $65k, while a development manager at a senior level can earn more than $150k
Find out where your role fits in current industry trends by downloading the full Michael Page Technology Salary & Employment Outlook.