Account Manager - Coffee Beans - Canberra (6 Month Contract)
6 Month Intital Contract Position
Win New Cafe & Wholesale Clients across Canberra
About Our Client
This Australian owned business launched at the end of the last century and have carved out a sizeable market in Victoria, NSW and Queensland. They have made significant investment in their organisation and have identified the opportunity to have a Business Development Manager based in Canberra for the first time. This position is to help bring them a strong return on their investment whilst building for long term growth.
- Develop and implement growth strategies and plans e.g. through data analysis, consumer research, referral business and product mix
- Prospect/ Call / Canvas new business opportunities to expand footprint of the business
- Proactively research, identify and develop business opportunities and new markets
- Draft and review contracts, business plans and proposals
- Target customer engagement aligned to the established customer segmentation plan
- Develop and implement a business plans for multiple channels, including growth targets, trade spend and cost of acquisition metrics
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting and retaining new ones
- Effectively negotiate with stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a business degree across commerce, marketing or relevant field and be a results driven person. You will be able to demonstrate that through your experience you have worked and sold directly to cafe's or independent groceries (ideally with coffee bean products). You will have experience in the development and implementation of business development sales plans.
You will have exceptional communication skills (both verbal & written) with excellent customer service. You will work well both independently (this role will report outside of NSW) and also collaborative working with the marketing and operational teams.
What's on Offer
Newly created position in the FMCG industry for an initial 6 month contract. Likely to be converted into a permanent role however that will be dependent on the amount of business wins you've help generate over that time.