Accountant | APS6 | Central Agency | Initial 3 month FTC
Highly regarded central government agency
Committed team within the APS offering a collaborative working culture
About Our Client
As a key agency within the Australian Public Service, you will work alongside a dedicated and committed team that believe in what they're doing and have a strong commitment to the Australian Government.
With a team culture that is focused on core values, you will work alongside like-minded team members in a collaborative and supportive environment.
Reporting to a Senior Accountant, you will join a team that is committed to your development and training.
As Accountant, you will support the Senior Accountant in the following duties:
- Journal entries
- Balance Sheet recons
- BAS receipting and sweeping
- Cash Balance reporting
- Bank reconciliations
- FMIS support to internal stakeholders (Finance 1)
- Financial statement notes and preparing work papers for audit
The Successful Applicant
- You will need to be degree qualified and have similar experience within a federal government agency at an APS6 level
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in financial accounting
- Australian Citizenship is required including Baseline clearance
What's on Offer
This is a sought-after agency in Canberra, offering you the opportunity to work within the APS and gain invaluable experience under excellent leadership.
This is an initial non-ongoing 3 month contract, with the potential for an extension.