Oversight of a small team
Highly autonomous role
About Our Client
My client is a SME organisation servicing a unique vertical within the building and construction industry. Following some internal movement they have a need for an accountant to both oversee an accounts team while also supporting the Finance Manager with higher end accounting responsibilities. With a close knit team and a friendly environment this role will suit someone who is looking to join a reputable organisation with a long term career outlook.
Working closely alongside the Finance Manager:
- Management of a small accounts team
- The preparation of timely and accurate management reports
- Month end processes including bank reconciliations, balance sheet, profit and loss reporting, maintaining the fixed asset register, and payroll
- Statutory reporting including BAS, PAYG, FBT and payroll tax
- Conducting internal audits and liaising with external auditors as required.
- Reporting on business performance including analysis of revenue, expenditure and KPIs.
- Assisting and supporting Senior Management in ad hoc project work
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate you will be CA/CPA qualified or close to completion. You will have experience working within a similarlly small but complex environment. You will be a dynamic individual who is able to balance the demands of leading a team whilst also operating in a very hands on manner. Interpersonally my client is looking for a friendly and approachable individual who is technically strong and would fit into their close office team.
What's on Offer
- Take the next step
- Work close to home in the south east
- Manage a team
- Opportunity to work alongside senior management