About Our Client
Our client is an Australian owned construction company, with an opportunity available within the Melbourne team. This opportunity will allow for clear career progression and development, in an ever evolving landscape. This fast paced and ever growing, high performing team pride themselves on high standards and in doing so have outstanding results. Team work and communication have high a priority within the organisation as well as a strong focus on development and continuous learning.
Reporting to the Finance Controller, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Management reporting and analysis; including end-to-end month end processing to meet corporate deadlines, forecast analysis and preparation of management accounts to senior stakeholders
- Budgeting and Forecasting including analysing and reporting variance against budget and forecasts and assisting the Finance Manager to co-ordinate and prepare the Annual Budgets & forecasts
- Assist with consolidating financials for multiple entities, including developing relationships with department heads.
- Mentor Assistant Accountant including working with the L&D team to customise their training program
- Tax Compliance and review of returns including Payroll tax, BAS, IAS, IDS and Income Tax Returns
- Investigating process improvements and streamlining systems, adding value across the whole organisation.
- Ad-hoc projects and further business analysis
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following;
- Ideally be CA or CPA qualified
- 3-5 years' experience in an Accounting Role
- Worked at an organisation with a turn over higher than $100 million annually or ASX listed
- Evidences of previously/currently working in an environment with complex stakeholders
- Multitasking abilities such as be able to prioritise on works with close deadlines
- Self-motivated and passionate about making a tangible differences with in a growing organisation
- Enjoys being a part of a dynamic team
What's on Offer
The ability to work autonomously and within a team, with a focused attitude and a willingness to add value will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package and increased responsibilities. You will be operating in a team which will offer diverse learning opportunities and the ability to progress within the company, with a strong focus on growing your commercial acumen.