Newly created Accountant position working with a SME not-for-profit business
A key position in a growing organisation reporting into the Finance Manager
About Our Client
The client is a not-for-profit organisation that operate in the sports/education sector. The partner with schools and organisations across the country to offer training and development to their clients across Australia.
The business has made acquisitions over the years and boasts a rich history having been around for 30+ years employing 400+ staff.
- Assisting with the deliverables of the month-end process and ensuring the transactional finance team are meeting their deadlines while assisting the Finance Manager with the process
- Completing the FBT and BAS returns
- Oversight and financial management of the 8 cost centres
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the ERP implementation which is due to start in 2021
- Ensuring the data is easily accessible for budget holders
- Ability to assist with ad-hoc requests and support for the transactional team
- Involvement with the board pack reporting and commentary
- Giving feedback on budget and variance analysis against the cost centres, explaining the drivers and trends what is impacting the increase/decrease on results
The Successful Applicant
- CA/CPA Qualified
- Experience having worked in the not-for-profit sector would be advantageous
- Previous experience working in a similar Financial reporting role demonstrating a strong technical skill set
- Ability to communicate with all levels of stake holders, including the CFO, CEO and non-finance stakeholders
- Ability to work within a team and willing to assist the Finance Manager and transactional finance team with ad-hoc requests
- Experience using SAP, but this is not a must have requirement
- Able to work in a Finance team of 5 FTE
What's on Offer
The client is paying in the region of $85,000- $93,000 package for this Accountant role.