Accounting & Finance Manager
Located in West Perth with onsite Parking
Reporting directly to the CEO with full ownership of the Finance function
About Our Client
This proud West Australian business boasts a strong heritage and culture since its initial set up in 1910. With a clear mandate for growth of their existing portfolio as well as new investments, this business is very well placed to deliver impressive results over the coming years. As a business that withholds a meaningful purpose with strong values, this is an exciting time to join the business as it embarks on this phase of growth.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be the key leader of the finance function, accountable for the effectiveness, efficiency, and commerciality of all financial information. This role will offer an opportunity to establish controls and processes to ensure financial strategic objectives are achieved and thus improvement of current processes will be paramount. Specifically, your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Group's internal accounting function including payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Manage the preparation of annual budgets including liaison with divisional managers
- Prepare monthly management accounts and reports
- Prepare trial balance and draft financial statements for all entities and provide to external accountants for preparation of tax returns and statutory financial statements
- Manage the internal accounting software package
- Liaise with external accountants on preparation of tax returns and financial statements
- Maintain registered office for all Group entities.
- Manage preparation and lodgement of all statutory regulatory documentation.
- Generally maintain in good standing all legal entities within the Group.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be CA or CPA qualified with demonstrated experience in a hands on financial accounting role. This role requires a self-motivated individual with a flair for process improvement coupled with a passion to set up robust controls and policies. Those who have had exposure within the agribusiness and/or primary production sector will be well regarded. Inter-personally you are bright, engaging, confident, and can easily build strong professional relationships across an organisation. The ability to present key financial information to a range of stakeholders will be integral to your success in this role. You will enjoy working in a small collaborative team and align with the company values which include integrity and trust.
What's on Offer
- Located in West Perth with parking provided on site
- Quiet office environment
- Report directly to the CEO with full ownership of the Finance function
- Opportunity to implement robust and efficient financial controls and processes
- Well established platform to implement and drive change