Afternoon Warehouse Supervisor
Work for a company that lives and breathes its core values
Join a highly successful 3PL
About Our Client
Our client is a highly successful 3PL that specialise in the retail sector and are based in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne.
The key tasks and responsibilities of this position are but not limited to:
- To supervise Team Members (3-4) and provide coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training to ensure productivity targets are achieved, safety standards are maintained, and the developmental needs of the Team Members are met.
- Supervise/Manage and assist the day to day running of the warehouse operations, with specific focus on receipting, picking, and the timely dispatching of goods
- Undertake manual handling tasks including lifting and carrying stock; pushing and pulling trolleys; pushing, pulling and pumping pallet jacks; climbing ladders and stairs
- General Warehouse functions including stock placement and stock control
- To open and close the facility as directed.
- Be accountable, collaborate with all departments and engage the workforce
- Demonstrates daily awareness and assessment of health and safety risks and notification of those risks to the Team Leader/Supervisor
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you must have at least 2-3 years' experience in a similar role and possess the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Capable of achieving a consistently high level of process adherence and accuracy via SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Display a customer first attitude
- Ability to work well with others in a group and foster a team environment where members are committed to a common set of performance goals and targets
- Some Supervisory Experience in a warehousing environment
- Previous working with WMS or relevant warehouse management systems
- Current Forklift license
What's on Offer
What is on offer for the right candidate? The chance to work for a dynamic business that prides itself on its company culture and lives and breathes its company core values.