Air Freight Operator
About Our Client
Our client is a reputable international air and sea freight forwarder who pride themselves on their strong and long standing customer relationships. As the business experiences significant growth, they are looking for an Air Freight Operator to join their Sydney business.
The Air Freight Operator is responsible for :
- Coordination of all the international air import & export movements for various customers to the organisation.
- Managing commercial terms of freight, arrival confirmation and pre-alert details & managing demurrage.
- Responsible for customer service internally, bookings, documentation, and execution of routing for assigned shipments.
- Verify that shipments are processed through customs for both import and export cargo.
- Assists the day-to-day operations of the import and export departments to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Responsible for communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
- Trace shipments through transit points up to final destination and advice customer service as needed
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this position, you will need to have extensive experience coordinating air freight within a freight forwarding business. You should value customer service and place an emphasis on relationship development. It would be preferred that you have DG certification and this as well as other tertiary qualification or certification should be evident on your resume.
What's on Offer
- Global Business
- Competitive Salary
- Growth Opportunities
- Extensive Training
- On-site Parking