Alternate Underground Manager
8/6 family friendly roster, excellent culture, fantastic salary package on offer
Opportunity to learn from the Underground Manager and develop your skill set
About Our Client
The client we are representing are an industry leading mid tier Mining company who are looking to expand their current portfolio of operations in Australia.
Reporting to the Underground Manager, the Alternate Underground Manager will directly supervise and manage the Principal Mining Contractor and all of their sub-contractors at their new Mine and will responsible for ensuring a safe and efficient working environment. This will also include;
- Ensuring that systems of work are in place and that they are reviewed regularly so as to deliver a safe and environmentally compliant workplace.
- Delivering the objectives and production targets set out in the Resources Business Plan.
- Developing continuous improvement initiatives and delivering them in line with the Resources business improvement program.
- Achieving the deadlines as outlined in the various improvement and capital projects related to production.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading and managing the underground mining teams to meet all safety, production and cost targets and identifying and implement technical improvements to ensure the operations remain highly productive and low cost. You will also need the majority of the following;
- Degree in Mine Engineering and WA Underground Supervisors Certificate of Competency essential;
- Minimum of 2-5 years' experience in underground metalliferous mining;
- Demonstrate and dedicated to high level safety leadership;
- Extensive production and contract management experience;
- Significant understanding of statutory safety requirements relevant to mining;
- Proven successful leadership and management ability within a production environment;
What's on Offer
Their is an excellent salary package on offer which will be based around your current skill set and value add.
The client also has a company bonus component.