- Innovative Tech-Startup environment with a modern tech-stack
- Work on cutting-edge products with global impact
About Our Client
An ASX listed tech startup who are experiencing a period of incredible growth and expansion. With offices around Australia/NZ and North America, this software company has a passion for ensuring the safety of their global customer base through innovative technology solutions.
You'll be responsible for designing and developing high performance network layer applications used by hundreds of thousands of users globally, as well as enhancing and developing packet interception, filtering and reporting capabilities across a range of OS/platforms.
The Successful Applicant
You must be living in Australia with full working rights. This role does not offer sponsorship.
The successful candidate will be expected to meet the following criteria:
- A passion for building quality software and owning solutions end to end
- The ability to build quality into your code upfront, and resolve production issues through to understanding the root cause.
- You put yourself in the customer's shoes when thinking about a problem and its solution
- The ability to apply transferable skills and pick up new languages and frameworks
- You love to help mentor and educate others to become better software engineers
- You're open-minded and adaptable in responding to new challenges and opportunities
- You demonstrate a love for continually learning and improving your skills and knowledge
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Substantial software development experience in network security/protocol engineering
- Deep experience with the networking stack - so network extensions, packet filtering, strong knowledge of the OSI model
- Familiarity with Unix-like systems (E.g. Linux, FreeBSD)
- Experience and understanding of networking protocols, in particular VPN technology
What's on Offer
- You'll be exposed to modern technologies and processes in a fast-paced environment, working within a great development team.
- An opportunity to work on technology and data scaling challenges for a global customer base
- Working and leading cross-functional teams with all the skills required to solve a given problem
- The opportunity to own your changes end-to-end, from design right the way through to delivery to the customer.
- Support with flexible working, such as working from home
- Opportunities to attend local software conferences
- The chance to be part of a growing business with big goals