- 3-6 month non-ongoing
- Highly regarded agency
About Our Client
The Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) supports accountability and transparency in the Australian Government sector through independent reporting to the Parliament. At the ANAO, you will make meaningful and valuable contributions to public sector administration through a full range of audit and assurance services.
We are a professional and high performing organisation underpinned by the values of integrity, respect and excellence. Our people are technical and analytical experts in their field and are driven to produce high quality outcomes.
The Finance team are responsible for financial and procurement management within the ANAO. They manage the organisation's financial operations, budgets and the ANAO's financial statements and undertake a range of other financial and procurement responsibilities that ensure the financial sustainability of the ANAO.The duties of the Finance Officer Include:
* monitoring and managing the group inboxes;
* assisting EAs with acquittals and reconciliation processes;
* use the ANAO Financial Management System Technology One, processing accounts receivable/payable and assist in reviewing and creating contracts and invoice matching;
* process bank receipts;
* maintain the Finance teams documents in the ANAO's record management system;
* assisting the team with ad-hoc tasks as required;
* building and maintaining effective relationships with team members and actively participate in teamwork and group activities; and
* working collaboratively and have a strong stakeholder focus whilst providing a high level of customer service.
The Successful Applicant
Applicant must hold a baseline clearance.
There are no mandatory qualifications for this role. However, the following are desirable:
- A strong interest in Accounting or Financial Operations
- Accounting qualification(s) (or working towards) and/or an understanding of accounting concepts and principles.
- Experience using TechnologyOne.
- Strong use of Microsoft products including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Capacity to learn new systems quickly and efficiently.
- Capacity to work under general direction against established priorities and procedures, while exercising some autonomy about how work tasks are performed.
- Strong stakeholder engagements skills.
What's on Offer
- 71,669 to $78,768 plus 15.4% superannuation
- 3-6 month NONG contract with highly regarded department
- Join a vibrant team, that encourage career growth opportunities and promotional prospects
- Great location