APS 5 Communications Advisor - Stakeholder Engagement
8/month initial contract with potential extension
Dynamic and fast-paced Corporate Affairs team
About Our Client
Our client is part of the Commonwealth Government where the Government Relations team will manage and support the Minister's relationship with the department and also engagement with Federal Parliament. Culturally, operate at a fast-pace with varying levels of complexity and urgency.
Supporting the department's government relations strategy, the new Communications Advisor will work across the organisation to implement communications strategies while also being heavily involved with stakeholder engagement. Also:
- Support the delivery of accurate and timely written briefs that summarise the organisation's agenda and impact for government.
- As required, support the preparation of ministerial information, action, event and question time briefs, and ministerial correspondence.
- Involvement in key events and identify other opportunities for proactive engagement with parliament.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful as the new Communications Advisor - Stakeholder Engagement, you should have tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, experience in Government Relations, and a high degree of judgement and discretion.
- Strong comprehensive, written and oral communication skills combined with high level analytical capability and the ability to develop a creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills for internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated conceptual and practical knowledge of the operation of Government and Parliament.
- Knowledge of / interest in Australia's federal government system and its operations.
To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain an AGSVA clearance.
What's on Offer
- Contract until October 2020
- Immediate start available
If you think this role is for you, please click 'Apply' with your updated CV. For more information on the role, please feel free to reach out on 026222 8931 or via email.