APS5/6 - Procurement Advisor
Extensive Commonwealth procurement knowledge and experience
Adivsing high profile clients on complex procurement projects
About Our Client
The Procurement and Contracts team is responsible for ensuring that their clients achieve open, transparent, and accountable purchases and value for money outcomes. They work closely with internal and external stakeholders under a business partnering model using proactive engagement strategies to identify and describe the requirements of the business and to design appropriate market approaches. They provide advice and guidance on procurement and contract management and value add to the procurement process. The team manages the agencies procurement frameworks (including policies, guidance and templates), ensures mandatory reporting obligations are met, and training to staff.
The person will be required to but not limited to:
- Interpret, apply and provide advice and guidance on procurement; financial policy and legislative information.
- Provide expert procurement, tendering and contracting advice and compliance reviews.
- Review procurement documents and provide advice at key stages in the procurement process, including but not limited to RFTs, RFQs and Consultancy briefs.
- Co-manage the procurement help desk (call management, reports, service tool).
- Assist with complex and sensitive procurement and negotiations (depending on the level).
- Contribute to the strategic planning or direction of the Section.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, submissions, contracts and proposals.
- Provide advice on Finance Systems including Finance One and SAP.
- Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders, including managing stakeholder relationships and building and maintaining internal and external networks.
- Promote and contribute to a client focused culture within the team and ongoing implementation of a business partner service delivery model with clients.
- Communicate and make decisions that are based on sound professional judgement, evaluating risks, which are defensible.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will uphold the following skills:
- Sound Commonwealth procurement knowledge and experience
- Experience providing procurement help desk services
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to contribute to a high performing and harmonious team environment
- Strong client service skills
- Qualifications in Government Procurement would be an advantage i.e. Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting or Diploma of Procurement and Contracting.
What's on Offer
If and once successful, you will have a fantastic opportunity to:
- Join their high performing team who are highly dedicated to performing the best for their clients
- Encouragement to seek career growth opportunities and promotional prospects
- Competitive salary offering
- Convenient office location in the thriving city of Canberra