APS6 Communications Officer
12/month, non-ongoing contract
Part of an exciting new initiative within an established government department
About Our Client
Our client is a Federal Government Department based in Canberra who are growing their involvement with Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander businesses and stakeholders.
Working within a team of strategic communications professionals, the Communications Officers will be conceptualising and delivering enduring communications collateral across the department. Responsibilities within a generalist communications space, developing brand collateral and articulate copy for various media and target audiences.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful as the new Communications Officer, you should have generalist communications experience in a government department, also:
- Relationship building and account management skills
- Strong written communications for all types of media, and exceptional verbal communication skills
- Ability to change style to suit different audiences
- Experience writing strategy and advising on best practice
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultural significance is advantageous
What's on Offer
- Non-ongoing 12-month contract
- Immediate start available
- Australian Citizenship required
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you, please click 'Apply' with your updated CV or contact James Buckland on 02 6222 8931.