APS6 Graphic Designer
12-18/month contract, non-ongoing
Part of a high performing creative and communications team
About Our Client
Our Federal Government client is centrally located in Canberra's city. Culturally a dedicated team of creatives and marketing professionals creating effective strategy and engaging campaign material.
The Graphic Designer will support the Director in the formulation, design and direct execution of concept and presentation approaches, original art work and layout design for visual communications and provide internal clients with advice about visual elements and artistic execution, including advice on the appropriate medium for delivery.
This role is responsible for executing elements of projects from concept, design and layout through to production and delivery across print, digital and video. This would also include:
- Negotiate with vendors to determine the best solutions and oversee the production process, be it for the delivery of design, digital and social media, video and printed materials, or the coordination of photo shoots.
- Work with internal clients to determine objectives, budget, background information, presentation approaches, styles, techniques, and generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Provide support and recommendations to keep the visual communications team current with design, production, social media, digital and delivery practices.
- Ensure illustrative and branded materials conform to standards and specifications.
Prepare detailed storyboards showing style, sequence and timing of story development for video production for review.
Support creative sessions for internal and external campaign kick-offs.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, you should have expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (in particular InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and a strong command over design fundamentals and their application over brand, print, digital, online, and motion. You should also bring:
The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions for Flash and video outputs.
A strong working knowledge of brand development, interactive design, social/digital media the creative and production process, and industry best practices.
Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media to develop integrated campaigns.
Ability to execute projects from concept to completion.
Best practice in interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping.
Australian Citizenship and ability to maintain a baseline clearance is required.
What's on Offer
- 12/month contract with potential 6/month extension
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you, please click 'Apply' with your updated CV. If you would like to have a confidential discussion about the job market, please feel free to reach out to one of our specialist recruitment consultants via our website.