APS6 - Program Officer (Grants)
COVID19 - COS (Continuity of Support Program)
Initial Contract until 30 of October 2020 - Possible Extension
About Our Client
The work of the section supports older people with disability to continue to receive supports that are responsive to their needs through the transition and management of Continuity of Support Programme. In addition, the section continues to support people affected by incontinence by managing the National Continence Program and access to the Continence Aids Payment Scheme.
The CoS Program Section manages grant establishment for all programmes, including data management and reporting. Continuity of Support Section focuses on CoS policy, including funding policy aspects of the program, ongoing State Government negotiations and the interface with NDIS, NDIA and DSS.
The Cos Section is establishing a dedicated team in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and the effect it has on CoS participants. This team will be implementing a recent policy position to provide additional support to CoS providers to maintain continuity of services being provided and will involve conducting assessments for unsolicited proposals from CoS providers.
- Undertake assessments, exercising sound judgement in the application of program guidelines.
- Management of program activities within a grants framework.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure achievement of program objectives.
- Reporting on program outcomes to internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparing reports, briefings, ministerial and other correspondence.
- Monitoring program outcomes and analysing against budget specifications.
- Coordinating cross program activities utilising a project management methodology.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a grants framework exercising sound judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, and/or coordinate complex work, with a proven ability to work effectively and independently in team settings.
- Demonstrated organisation skills, including the ability to balance multiple competing tasks and deliver within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a project management methodology to work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including sound interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timeframes to deliver results.
- Ability to promote and manage productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including liaison and negotiation.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills to inform the provision of sound advice.
- Demonstrated ability to meet agreed deadlines, work under pressure and operate effectively in times of uncertainty.
What's on Offer
- An experienced and cohesive team with a combined objective to support you in your career and long-term prospects
- An excellent salary package to compensate you for your hard work and skills and expertise that you bring to the table
- The opportunity to impact effective policy change and work on projects that will positively impact your community
How to Apply
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skill set but would like to have a confidential discussion on your career, please get in touch.