Exciting opportunity to join a great business with an excellent culture
Great career progression
About Our Client
Our client is one a leading supplier and manufacturer of innovative systems supplying into the various markets since the 1960's. They are currently undergoing significant growth and expansion. Specialising in a very Niche market, tendering to every client requirement has become a key focus of the business. They are looking
Reporting into the Operations manager, the Assembly Manager will be responsible for managing assembly activities, liaising and coordinating between relevant departments. Ensuring effective process is adhered to in order to maintain a high level of quality products.
Other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and ensure effective utilisation of all Assembly department staff.
- Improve job knowledge, influence and promote a Continuous Improvement approach through the departmental staff members.
- Management of a small team of 6 across manual and technical assembly. Maintain the ERP system data, BOM's, Assembly manuals etc.
- Report on departmental inventory requirements in accordance with company and site policies.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure a timely, cost effective and quality service is obtained.
- Work with Product managers to ensure final product meets specification
- Ensure compliance with relevant OH&S legislation, develop and maintain a safe working environment
- Responsible for implementing Lean process, a keen understanding and knowledge of 5S principles is imperative.
- Ideally have a good understanding of kitting, dekitting and BOM's.
- Effectively measure and manage KPI's.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience
- Ideally possess a strong mix of operational and technical experience
- A background within a job shop environment with assembly/sub assembly process highly regarded.
- Excellent People management skills
- Strong background with Lean and 5S principles.
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork.
- Exposure with SAP with a strong technical aptitude for reading drawings.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary will be offer to the successful candidate along with an exciting opportunity to join a growing business with a fantastic culture.